Friday Favorites- Edson Farms Edition


It's FRIDAY! After being stuck in the house all last week due to the polar vortex and then again this week due to sickness I am beyond ready for the weekend. We don't have much planned except a stop at our favorite coffee spot in Traverse City, Mundos, and then yoga at the library for the girlies. I will definitely be grocery shopping and hoping to stop into a preschool fair on Saturday. It is crazy for me to think that I am already having to make school choices for the girls for next year!




I am rounding up some of my favorites this week!

  • Edson Farms
Edson Farms is a local market & deli in the Traverse City area. If you're local it is off of Garfield. I went a few weeks back and browsed the aisles with my sister in law. I didn't really want to buy much because we are still in my parents cottage, which is temporary, but the thought of accumulating more stuff to move out of here just drives me crazy! While I was there I stumbled upon a bag off pure beeswax. The smell is something out of this world! After not being able to get the beeswax out of my head for the last few weeks I decided to head there Monday afternoon. I, of course, left with more than just the beeswax and have my mom bringing up my shea butter and coconut oil down state, in our house we are trying to sell, so I can make lotion bars with my new beeswax. I'm dreaming about making candles, lip balms, and so much more with the beeswax!






  • Essential Oils
While I was at Edson farms I grabbed a few oils that just so happened to be on sale. I joined Young Living a few years ago & pretty quickly became very into oils. I found YL oils to be on the expensive side and that just left me feeling like my family couldn't quite enjoy all the oily benefits available. I ended up researching brands of essential oils and decided to try out the two pictured below. The geranium oil I am already using to apply on my wrists and heart during yoga and in the evenings. I find is has a calming effect similar to lavender.  I plan on making an oil for my stomach (I have acid reflux and apply oils nightly) with the ginger and diffusing the lime. I plan on sharing more about what I learned about store bought oils soon!



  • Harney and Sons Tea
I have yet to try a Harney and Sons tea I haven't like (can we talk for a second about how pretty their tins are?!?!). Paris and Hot Cinnamon Sunset are two of my favorites. I enjoy green tea in the afternoon and had run out of the one I was currently drinking. I quickly snagged their Green Tea with Coconut while at the store the other day. Like every other tea I have tried by them it is absolute perfection! Fruity and light but not too artificial tasting. I think this would make a fantastic ice tea in the summer. 


  • Lavender balm
My parents went to Croatia this summer. They were surprised at how prominent lavender farms were there. They brought me back a huge lavender oil and then this salve. While I was cooking the other night I burned my finger pretty bad. I placed it under cold water but it almost instantly blistered and just ached. I ended up putting the salve on it a few times that night and again in the morning and I my finger was a good as new! While you can't purchase my exact one I did link two Etsy shops below that sell a lavender slave. Bear Earth is a Traverse City based company. I have purchased her Chaga Chai tea and its phenomenal!





  • Homemade Valentines 
We are in full blown Valentine's day mode over here. Against my better judgement I bought glitter for the girls to make homemade Valentines to send to grandparents and friends. HOLY MESS. As my husband said, it looked like a unicorn exploded on the dining room table. I think the mess was totally worth it because the result are so precious! I just know the recipients will love them!


  • DIY Countertop/Fruit and Veggie spray
Yesterday I shared my recipe for a countertop and fruit and veggie wash spray. It's easy, you probably already have the ingredients, and it's cost effective! You can click here to read it. 




That's a wrap for me! Make sure and comment below with some of your favorites from this past week. Happy weekend!



Comments