Friday Favorites & an Introduction



Hi Friends! I'm Emily. I am a wife, mom to 3 girls, and a new resident of northern Michigan! We are originally from the Detroit area but a wonderful opportunity presented itself for us to move to northern Michigan and we jumped at the chance to live a different life. We are in the thick of moving discomfort, tons of stress, and emotions are at an all time high for us. We are currently staying at my parents cottage while all of our stuff is back downstate in the house we are trying to sell. Limbo doesn't even begin to describe our life right now! I'm excited to share our incredibly messy life right
now.




I thought I would link up with some blogs today and participate in Friday Favorites!

  • Tea and Coffee
I am a tea addict, through and through. In the morning I usually drink a cup of black tea. Its not uncommon for me to enjoy a cup of green tea in the early afternoon, followed by a cup of herbal tea in the evenings. I've been leaning towards teas that settle my stomach in the evening and have fallen head of heals in the love for Pukka's Three Ginger tea. It has a subtle taste and paired with a splash of non dairy creamer it takes on an almost sweet vibe. I always make it extra hot so I can hold a hot mug for a good 5-10 minutes before its cool enough for me to drink. Anyone else freezing cold at night?!





I often find coffee to be too hard on my stomach but on the off chance I need a jolt of caffeine I will always opt for the unhealthy and sugary mocha. I found myself stuck inside this past week with my girlies and felt absolutely exhausted by 10 am. I had zero coffee creamer to make the coffee tolerable so I whipped up Pinch of Yum's Cashew Coffee and it is perfection. I add a tablespoon scope of collagen and it is so so yummy and completely satisfies my sweet coffee craving without all the artificial yuck. I need to buy myself a good coffee travel cup (a local store has these ones on sale so I'm thinking about taking the plunge) so I can take this coffee with me when I am more prone to drinking a crazy amount of sugary coffee, like my moms groups meetings or target. 

  • Donation based yoga classes
I love yoga but have often experienced budget restraints that have left me unable to take regular classes. My husband stumbled upon a donation based yoga class in our area. You sign up, go, and then donate however much that you can. Some people donate $5, some none. It is truly based on your own needs. The purpose of the classes is to make yoga more accessible to the community. Since participating in the one my husband found I also found another yoga studio in the area that does the same donation bases class. So I now have regular donation based yoga classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. 

  • Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny
I am a huge fan of reading mystery/thriller type books. I stumbled upon Louise Penny in a local book store this summer. I accidentally bought, A Fatal Grace, which is actually book number 2 in the series and just could not put it down. After finishing the book I realized it was a series and I had accidentally read book 2! I ended up going back to read book 1 and am about 3/4 of the way through book 4. They are just easy to read books with wonderful characters throughout. 


  • Snow
I'm sure the novelty will wear off  very soon (especially because we've been stuck in the house going on day 4 due to cold and snow) but I am just loving the winter weather. I love nothing more than putting on a big pot of soup or chili for dinner while its snowing like crazy outside. I snapped this picture below on my way to a yoga class last Saturday. I was amazed to even see any part of the sun rise that day due clouds but couldn't help but stop driving my car to get this shot. Anytime the sun peaks out it is just amazing for the soul!



Happy Friday! Have a great weekend and I'll be back on Monday sharing a DIY fruit & counter top spray.



Comments